For some reason this just seems so important still and I don’t understand why.
I’m engaged for Christ sake.
1. Whisper it to me when I pretend to be asleep and you think I can’t hear you.
2. Say it sarcastically when I get your phone that you left in the other room like an idiot.
3. Tug on my curls and make them bounce when you’re bored.
4. Don’t get angry when I forget to do things I said I would do.
5. Ask me about my poetry, and when I blush and look away make sure you meet my eyes when you ask me again. Sit down quietly while I read it out loud, because you know that certain inflections change the entire meaning of the piece. Breathe deeply when I finish, get up, kiss my forehead and tell me that I amaze you.
6. Brush your lips against mine and smile like that was the only thing you wanted.
7. Sit on the kitchen floor and grab my ankles when I walk by.
8. Say it in the car on the way home from the movies.
9. Tell our friends when I’m home and you’re out getting drunk.
10. Read my favorite book.
-10 ways to tell me you love me (via startoffinpen)
Twelve months ago, my heart raced at the sign of a new text from you. Today, I lie in bed at 9pm telling you I’m going to sleep, just so I don’t have to wait for your slow replies.
It’s better to have no conversation than one that isn’t going anywhere at all.